This course introduces learners to the rice and cereal sector, aiming to
provide information and awareness raising to learners. The relevant data was gathered and synthesized in cooperation with the
Then, a literature
review of green supply chain management (GSCM) and analysis of all the sub-categories
that constitute the GSCM is presented.
Finally, this course presents best practices via case study analysis in the agri-food industry.
- To understand the importance and role of freight transport in the supply chain
- To understand the key features of each mode of transport and the main types of transport services
- To understand the criteria for selecting the freight transport medium (including the possibility of combined transport)
- To comprehend the concept and practices of Urban Freight Transport
- Freight Transport
- Means of Transport
- Combined Transport
- Urban Freight Transport
- Transport Cost
- To understand the importance and role of storage areas in the supply chain.
- To understand the operation of storage of goods and the optimal organization and management of warehouses.
- To analyse the key processes, with particular emphasis on the order picking process.
- To analyse how to design and organise a warehouse.
- To describe the basic electromechanical equipment, information technology systems and solutions that can be used to automate and support the operation of warehouses.
- Teacher: Ioannis Meleas
- To understand the importance of quality.
- To describe the core certification schemes on quality, food safety and environmental management.
- To describe the practices regarding the conditions of cereal storage safety, with emphasis on the insectification of areas and products.
- To understand the importance of cereal packaging in relation to various security incidents.
- Food Safety
- To understand the importance and sustainability and sustainable development.
- To understand the concepts of green logistics.
- To describe the various sustainable practices in the agri-food chain with regard to strategic issues, procedures and new technology.
- Green Supply Chain
- Environmental Footprint
- Distribution Channels
1. to understand how VRP systems are used in logistics
2. to know the types of data used and their structure, formats
3. to be able to solve real vehicle routing problems
Keywords: VRP, TSP, Vehicle Routing Problem, Traveling Salesman Problem, optimization, transport, Capacitated VRP, optaplanner, open source
Software (open source) used: Optaplanner, Concorde